Wednesday 18 May 2016

My Reflection

For myself this project was completely different from my last, it didn't involve as much problem solving and failed attempts as the first but none the less it still took a bit elbow grease and perseverance. In the end I was reasonably happy with my result, although given more time i believe i could have achieved a more precise outcome for my interdisciplinary skin. The differences between the two objects that i have focused on throughout this subject are vast but in being so different they have been able to teach me varying sets of metalworking techniques that i would have otherwise not come across, had i attempted to do something much similar to my first project. 
I now see the value in choosing another persons work from different discipline for the second project within this course, its not the fact that you learn anything in particular about their industry but the fact that it teaches you other techniques within the metal shaping industry, having to attempt a completely alternate form from your own. 

This subject, so far has been a great experience and has allowed me to get involved in some practical work for a change, it has greatly increased my skills in metal shaping which has been a surprisingly enjoyable experience.

As with most things in life the more you do something the better you become at it. This is certainly the case for metalworking, the more you involve yourself in the process and information you can pick up from your own attempts and the more you listen and learn from the people around you both with experience and without it, the better you become at the process, and this is certainly reflected in not only the quality of your work but within the process you take along the journey to that final product.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this subject so far and look forward to the next project and once again improving on my skill set within the metalworking industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment